Two Days Private Tour to Petra and Wadi Rum
Two Days Petra Wadi Rum Tour from Eilat Description
Mantis Tours is a reputable boutique tour operator in Israel that is specialized in Petra Wadi Rum tours. Our Petra Wadi Rum tour from Eilat departs daily, usually in very small groups. So, it is recommended to book your Petra Wadi Rum tour in advance.
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Eilat (we pick-up from all the hotels and airbnbs in Eilat) at 08:00am, and take you to Arava border crossing.
Our representative in Eilat will collect the money for the tour and for the border fees and visa fees, offer you as a gift bag with fruits of the season and a bottle of mineral water, and help you with the border procedures in the Israeli side of the border.
Just after crossing the border to Jordan, our Jordanian representative will meet you at the border, help you with the border procedures in the Jordanian side of the border, and take you to your professional Jordanian English-speaking guide (guides in other languages are also available) who will take you to your Petra Wadi Rum Tour.
Our Petra Wadi Rum tour starts in Aqaba. From Aqaba we will have about two hours drive to the UNESCO city of Petra, traveling through a scenic route of the “Desert Way”, and stopping on the way in an observation point on the magnificent view of Wadi Rum. During the drive, your specialist guide will give you an in-depth briefing on the history of Jordan and its culture.
* We will provide you free water in the bus.
Upon arriving to Petra, your tour guide will give you the entrance tickets to Petra, and we will enter Petra through the Siq (a narrow gorge). Included in your package is an optional horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the route, from the Visitor’s Center until the beginning of the Siq (tipping the handler is required – minimum $5).
On the way to the Siq, we will see the ‘Silica Quarries’, the Jinn Blocks and the ‘Obelisk Tomb’. We will walk through the narrow Siq into the rock-cut city of Petra. Just after the end of the Siq, we will reveal the most famous monument of Petra – the Treasury (Al Khazneh). After visiting the Treasury, we will continue our tour along the impressive Cardo (a Street of Facades) towards the Nabataean Theatre. We will see the views of the Royal Tombs, which you will be able to climb on your free time.
* Those who have difficulty walking can hire a horse-drawn buggy for a supplement payment to the local people.
Notice that on our two days tour to Petra and on our Petra Private Tours you will be able to visit also the Monastery (Ad Deir), which is the most impressive monument in Petra.
On the way back to the Visitor’s Center, you will have an option to ride on camels for an extra charge.
After the walking tour in Petra, we will go to a very good local authentic restaurant, which is located not far from the entrance to Petra, where you will have a delicious buffet lunch (included in the price).
After lunch, we will drive to Wadi Rum, where you will have a delicious authentic Bedouin dinner, chat with the local people about the culture and history of Jordan, and stay overnight at a very nice and quiet Bedouin camp.
Don’t miss the beautiful sunrise in the desert! After breakfast, you will enjoy a jeep tour in the spectacular landscapes of Wadi Rum nature reserve, and we will drive back to Aqaba, have some free time in the market of Aqaba, and cross the border back to Israel at Arava border crossing.
Our representative in Eilat will wait for you around 14:30 at the Israeli side of the border to take you back to your hotel in Eilat, and you will also be given a personalized souvenir as a present.
Here our Petra Wadi Rum Tour ends. Until the next time… 🙂
Two Days Petra Wadi Rum Tour from Eilat Itinerary
08:00 Pick-up from your accommodation in Eilat, and transfer to Arava border crossing.
08:30 Crossing the border with the assistance of our professional staff.
* Please note that this process may take some time, so your patience is required and appreciated.
09:00 Meet your Jordanian tour guide, and transfer to Aqaba.
09:30 Free time in Aqaba for shopping and relaxing on the beach.
16:00 Transfer to Wadi Rum.
17:00 Jeep tour in the spectacular landscapes of Wadi Rum nature reserve.
19:00 Check-in at the Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum.
Overnight at a premium Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum on HB basis (deluxe tent with a comfortable bed, airconditioner, and private bathroom and shower).
07:00 Morning in the desert.
08:00 Breakfast at the camp.
09:00 Transfer from Wadi Rum to Petra in our new model air-conditioned vehicles through a vast and comfortable highway (the “Desert Way”), following a scenic route on the mountain side, and arriving at Petra’s historical site, known as one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
10:00 Arrive to Petra – extended guided tour in the red-rose heritage city.
* Included in the price is a short horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the route.
16:00 Lunch at a superior local authentic restaurant in Petra (included in the price).
16:30 Transfer southwards to Aqaba.
19:00 Arrive to Arava border crossing, and crossing the border back to Israel.
19:30 Drop-off back at your accommodation in Eilat.
* Free personalized souvenir.
Note: The schedule is subjected to changes.
It’s possible to book the tour with Petra on the first day, and return back to Eilat early on the first day, after the jeep tour in Wadi Rum.
Two Days Petra Wadi Rum Tour from Eilat Details
We offer daily Israel Petra Tours – the Red-Rose City – one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Petra, the lost city of the Nabataeans, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. UNESCO has described Petra as “one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage“.
The city of Petra offers many sites for the traveler to explore, like: The Siq (the path to Petra); Al Khazneh (The Treasury); Ad Deir (The Monastery); The Theatre; The Great Temple of Petra; Streets of Facades; The lonely cave; Aaron Tomb; Obelisk Tomb and the Triclinium; The Silk Tomb; The Uneishu Tomb; The Hadrian Gate and the Cardo Maximus; Ancient Roman columns; The Byzantine Church of Petra; Beautiful colorful sandstone rocks formations, and much more.
A tour to Petra offered by Mantis Tours is a great opportunity to visit this great wonder of the ancient world, a place that every traveler must visit at least once in his lifetime.
We use new model A/C vehicles, best hotels and restaurants, and employ only the best professional tour guides.
We guarantee for the best prices for tours to Petra! You do not want to miss this great offer!
Two Days Petra Wadi Rum Tour from Eilat Important Information
The tour includes
- Pick-up from your accommodation, and drop-off back at your accommodation.
- Meeting and assisting at the border crossing in both directions.
- Free bottle of mineral water
- All transfers.
- Tour guides.
- Entrance fees to Petra for one day.
- Horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
- Lunch at a local authentic restaurant in Petra.
- Entrance fees to Wadi Rum.
- Overnight at a deluxe tent in a Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum on HB basis.
- Four hours jeep safari in Wadi Rum nature reserve.
- Lunch in the desert.
- Free souvenir and Jordan brochure.
The tour excludes
- $70 for border fees paid by cash only.
- $60 for visa to Jordan paid by cash only.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- You can pay for the tour by USD, NIS and Euro.
- For USD we accept only 50 and 100 bills.
- The price of the tour is for USD cash. For credit card (charged by local currency), there is a 5.5% commission.
- You need to bring a valid passport on the day of the tour.
- Please make sure that your passport is in good condition. If your passport is torn or damaged, then you may not be able to cross the border control, and you will not get a refund.
- Do not forget to bring comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, mineral water, light clothes in the summer and warm clothes in the winter.
- Lunch in Petra will be late, so it is recommended to eat a big breakfast or bring a breakfast box with you (given for free in most of the hotels).
- Guide in other languages is available for extra $250 per booking in an advance notice.
- Single supplement: $50 per person.