THIS TOUR IS TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE!
Please book the tour from Eilat in the following link: One day tour to Petra.
You can arrive to Eilat by an Arkia/Israir flight. There are flights from Ben-Gurion Airport to Ramon airport at 06:30am, and flights from Ramon Airport to Ben-Gurion Airport at 21:00.
Petra from Jerusalem Description
We will pick you up from a pick-up point in Jerusalem at 03:00am, and take you to Arava border crossing.
Our representative in Eilat will collect the money for the tour and for the border fees and visa, offer you as a gift fruits of the season and a bottle of mineral water, and help you with the border procedures in the Israeli side of the border.
Just after crossing the border to Jordan, our Jordanian representative will meet you at the border, help you with the border procedures in the Jordanian side of the border, and take you to your professional Jordanian English-speaking guide (guides in other languages are also available) who will take you to your Petra Day Trip.
Our Petra tours starts in Aqaba. From Aqaba we will have about two hours drive to the UNESCO city of Petra, traveling through a scenic route of the “Desert Way”, and stopping on the way in an observation point on the magnificent view of Wadi Rum. During the drive, your specialist guide will give you an in-depth briefing on the history of Jordan and its culture.
* We will provide you free water in the bus.
Upon arriving to Petra, your guide will give you the entrance tickets to Petra, and we will enter Petra through the Siq (a narrow gorge). Included in your package is an optional horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site, from the Visitor’s Center until the beginning of the Siq (tipping the handler is required – minimum $3).
On the way to the Siq, we will see the ‘Silica Quarries’, the Jinn Blocks and the ‘Obelisk Tomb’. We will walk through the narrow Siq into the rock-cut city of Petra. Just after the end of the Siq, we will reveal the most famous monument of Petra – the Treasury (Al Khazneh). After visiting the Treasury, we will continue our tour along the impressive Cardo (a Street of Facades) towards the Nabataean Theatre. We will see the views of the Royal Tombs, which you will be able to climb on your free time.
* Those who have difficulty walking can hire a donkey-drawn buggy for a supplement payment to the local people.
On the way back to the Visitor’s Center, you will have an option to ride on camels for extra charge.
After the walking tour in Petra, we will go to a local authentic restaurant, which is located not far from the entrance to Petra, where you will have a buffet lunch (included in the price).
After lunch, we will drive back to Aqaba, have overnight in Aqaba, and cross the border back to Israel on the following day at Arava border crossing.
Our representative in Eilat will wait for you around 19:30 at the Israeli side of the border to take you to the bus, and you will also be given a personalized souvenir as a present.
We will drop you off in Central Tel-Aviv at 23:00.
Here our Petra Tours ends, until the next time… 🙂
Petra from Jerusalem Itinerary
03:00 Pick-up from a pick-up point in Jerusalem, and transfer to Arava border crossing.
08:00 Arrive to Arava Border Crossing, and meet our representative in Eilat.
08:30 Crossing the border at Arava (border control and customs) with the help of our professional staff.
* Please note that this process may take some time, so your patience is required and appreciated.
09:00 Meet our Jordanian guide, and drive to Petra in our new model air-conditioned vehicles through a vast and comfortable highway (the “Desert Way”), following a scenic route on the mountain side, and arriving at Petra’s historical site, known as one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
11:30 Arrive to Petra – guided tour in the red-rose heritage city.
* Included in the price is a short horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
15:30 Lunch at a superior local authentic restaurant in Petra (included in the price).
16:30 Drive southwards to Aqaba through a view of Wadi Rum.
19:00 Arrive to Arava border, and crossing the border back to Israel.
20:00 Boarding the bus back to Jerusalem.
23:00 Drop-off in Central Jerusalem.
* Free personalized souvenir.
Note: The schedule is subjected to changes.
Petra from Jerusalem Details
We offer daily Israel Petra Tours – the Red-Rose City – one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Petra, the lost city of the Nabataeans, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. UNESCO has described Petra as “one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage“.
The city of Petra offers many sites for the traveler to explore, like: The Siq (the path to Petra); Al Khazneh (The Treasury); Ad Deir (The Monastery); The Theatre; The Great Temple of Petra; Streets of Facades; The lonely cave; Aaron Tomb; Obelisk Tomb and the Triclinium; The Silk Tomb; The Uneishu Tomb; The Hadrian Gate and the Cardo Maximus; Ancient Roman columns; The Byzantine Church of Petra; Beautiful colorful sandstone rocks formations, and much more.
A tour to Petra offered by Mantis Tours is a great opportunity to visit this great wonder of the ancient world, a place that every traveler must visit at least once in his lifetime.
We use new model A/C vehicles, best hotels and restaurants, and employ only the best professional tour guides.
We guarantees for the best prices for tours to Petra! You do not want to miss this great offer!
Petra from Jerusalem Important Information
The tour includes
- Transfers from Jerusalem to Petra via Eilat and back.
- Meeting and assisting at the border crossing in both directions.
- Free bottle of mineral water.
- All transfers.
- Tour guide.
- Entrance fees to Petra for one day.
- Horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
- Lunch at a local authentic restaurant in Petra.
- Free souvenir and Jordan brochure.
The tour excludes
- $70 for border fees paid by cash only.
- $60 for visa to Jordan paid by cash only.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- You can pay for the tour by USD, NIS and Euro.
- For USD we accept only 50 and 100 bills.
- The price of the tour is for USD cash. For credit card (charged by local currency), there is a 5.5% commission.
- You need to bring a valid passport on the day of the tour.
- Please make sure that your passport is in good condition. If your passport is torn or damaged, then you may not be able to cross the border control, and you will not get a refund.
- Do not forget to bring comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, mineral water, light clothes in the summer and warm clothes in the winter.
- Lunch in Petra will be late, so it is recommended to eat a big breakfast or bring a breakfast box with you (given for free in most of the hotels).
- Guide in other languages is available for extra $250 per booking in an advance notice.