One day tour to Petra from Amman – $250
Mantis Tours is a reputable local tour operator that is specialized in Petra tours. Our tours to Petra from Amman departs daily, usually in small groups. So, it is recommended to book the tour in advance.
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Amman (we pick-up from all the hotels in Aqaba, and from Amman airport) at 06:30am. Our representative in Amman will collect the money for the tour, and take you to your professional Jordanian English-speaking guide (guides in other languages are also available) who will take you to your Petra day trip.
From Amman we will have about four hours drive to the UNESCO city of Petra, traveling through a scenic route of the “Desert Way”, and stopping on the way in an observation point on the magnificent view of Wadi Rum. During the drive, your specialist guide will give you an in-depth briefing on the history of Jordan and its culture.
* We will provide you free water in the bus.
We offer to you an extended tour in Petra until the Basin. Upon arriving to Petra, your guide will give you the entrance tickets to Petra, and we will enter Petra through the Siq (a narrow gorge). Included in your package is an optional horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site, from the Visitor’s Center until the beginning of the Siq (tipping the handler is required – minimum $3).
On the way to the Siq, we will see the ‘Silica Quarries’, the Jinn Blocks and the ‘Obelisk Tomb’. We will walk through the narrow Siq into the rock-cut city of Petra. Right by the end of the Siq, we will reveal the most famous monument of Petra – the Treasury (Al Khazneh). After visiting the Treasury, we will continue our tour along the impressive Cardo (a Street of Facades) towards the Nabatean Theater. We will see the views of the Royal Tombs, which you will be able to climb on your free time.
* Those who have difficulty walking can hire a donkey-drawn buggy for a supplement payment to the local people.
On the way back to the Visitor’s Center, you will have an option to ride on horses and camels, and have carriages for extra charge.
After the walking tour in Petra, we will go to a superior local authentic restaurant, which is located not far from the entrance to Petra, where you will have a buffet lunch (included in the price).
After lunch, we will drive back to your hotel in Amman, and you will be given a free souvenir as a gift.
Here our Petra tours ends, until the next time… 🙂
06:30 Pick-up from your accommodation in Amman (we pick-up from all the hotels in Amman, and from Amman airport), Meet our Jordanian guide and transfer to Petra in our brand new model air-conditioned vehicles through a vast and comfortable highway (the “Desert Way”), following a scenic route on the mountain side, and arriving at Petra’s historical site, known as one of the seven wonders of the world.
11:30 Arrive to Petra – extended guided tour in the red-rose heritage city.
* Included in the price is a short horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
15:30 Lunch at a superior local authentic restaurant (included in the price).
16:30 Drive northwards back to Amman.
20:30 Drop-off back at your accommodation in Amman.
* Free souvenir and Jordan brochure.
Note: The schedule is subjected to changes.
Jordan Petra Tours offers daily tours to Petra – the Red-Rose City – one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Petra, the lost city of the Nabataeans, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. UNESCO has described Petra as “one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage”.
The city of Petra offers a lot of sites to explore for the traveler, like: The Siq (the path to Petra); Al Khazneh (The Treasury); Al Deir (The Monastery); The Theater; The Great Temple of Petra; Streets of Facades; The lonely cave; Aaron Tomb; Obelisk Tomb and the Triclinium; The Silk Tomb; The Uneishu Tomb; The Hadrian Gate and the Cardo Maximus; Ancient Roman columns; The Byzantine Church of Petra; Beautiful colorful sandstone rocks formations, and much more.
A tour to Petra offered by Jordan Petra Tours is a great opportunity to visit this great wonder of the ancient world, a place that every traveler must visit at least once in his lifetime.
We use brand new model vehicles, best hotels and restaurants, and employ only the best professional tour guides.
Jordan Petra Tours guarantees for the best prices for tours to Petra! You do not want to miss this great offer!
Please consider our one day private tour to Petra that offers you the same itinerary as the one day tour, but with the comfort of a private car and the luxury of a personal guide.
Although the Petra day trip includes all the main highlights in Petra, if you have enough time, then we recommend you to book our two days tour to Petra, so you will have plenty of time to explore Petra, including the Monastery – the most impressive monument in Petra.
We also highly recommend on our best selling tour to Petra – our two days tour to Petra and Wadi Rum. In this Petra Wadi Rum tours you will have a chance to experience in the local Bedouins lifestyle, enjoy a traditional Bedouin dinner (Zarb) and a jeep safari in the magnificent landscape of Wadi Rum nature reserve.
Not far from Petra there is another wonder of the ancient world – the Great Pyramids of Giza. We offer you the opportunity to book with us also a tour to Cairo and the Pyramids. Cairo day tours is a perfect addition to your Petra excursion!
The tour includes:
- Pick-up from your accommodation, and drop-off back at your accommodation.
- Tour guides.
- Entrance fees to Petra for one day.
- Horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
- Buffet lunch at a superior local authentic restaurant in Petra.
- Free souvenir and Jordan brochure.
The tour doesn’t include:
- Personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- You can pay for the tour in USD, NIS and Euros.
- The price of the tour is for cash. For credit card, there is 5.5% commission.
- You need to bring a valid passport on the day of the tour.
- Do not forget to bring comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, mineral water, light clothes in the summer and warm clothes in the winter.
- Lunch in Petra will be late, so it is recommended to eat a big breakfast or bring a breakfast box with you (given for free in most of the hotels).
- Guide in other languages is available for extra $150 per booking in an advance notice.
- Extra $30 for airport transfer per booking (for each direction).
- Booking supplement for one person: $75.
- You can cancel your tour 14 days in advance with no cancellation fees.
- For 7-14 days in advance, there is 10% cancellation fee.
- For 2-7 days in advance, there is 50% cancellation fee.
- We will charge you full price for cancellation less than 48 hours from departure time or no-show.