Two days private tour to Petra and Wadi Rum – $450
Mantis Tours is a reputable local tour operator that is specialized in Petra Wadi Rum tours. Our tours to Petra and Wadi Rum from Eilat departs daily, usually in small groups. So, it is recommended to book the tour in advance.
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Eilat (we pick-up from all the hotels in Eilat, from Eilat airport and from Eilat central bus station) at 07:30am, and take you to Aravah border crossing.
Our representative in Eilat will collect the money for the tour and for the border fees, offer you as a gift fruits of the season, and help you with the border procedures in the Israeli side of the border.
* Your package also includes a free breakfast box (sandwiches, salad, eggs, several kinds of cheese, olives, chocolate snack, juice and mineral water).
Just after crossing the border to Jordan, our Jordanian representative will meet you at the border, help you with the border procedures in the Jordanian side of the border, and take you to your personal Jordanian English-speaking guide (guides in other languages are also available) who will take you to your excursion to Petra Wadi Rum.
Our Petra Wadi Rum tours starts in a short panoramic tour of the port city Aqaba. From Aqaba we will have about two hours drive to the UNESCO city of Petra, traveling through a scenic route of the “Desert Way”, and stopping on the way in an observation point on the magnificent view of Wadi Rum. During the drive, your specialist guide will give you an in-depth briefing on the history of Jordan and its culture.
* We will provide you free water in the car.
We offer to you an extended tour in Petra until the Basin. Upon arriving to Petra, your guide will give you the entrance tickets to Petra, and we will enter Petra through the Siq (a narrow gorge). Included in your package is an optional horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site, from the Visitor’s Center until the beginning of the Siq (tipping the handler is required – minimum $3).
On the way to the Siq, we will see the ‘Silica Quarries’, the Jinn Blocks and the ‘Obelisk Tomb’. We will walk through the narrow Siq into the rock-cut city of Petra. Right by the end of the Siq, we will reveal the most famous monument of Petra – the Treasury (Al Khazneh). After visiting the Treasury, we will continue our tour along the impressive Cardo (a Street of Facades) towards the Nabatean Theater. We will see the views of the Royal Tombs, which you will be able to climb on your free time.
* Those who have difficulty walking can hire a donkey-drawn buggy for a supplement payment to the local people.
On the way back to the Visitor’s Center, you will have an option to ride on horses and camels, and have carriages for extra charge.
After the walking tour in Petra, we will go to a superior local authentic restaurant, which is located not far from the entrance to Petra, where you will have a buffet lunch (included in the price).
After lunch, we will drive to your accommodation in the Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum. You will stay in Jabal Rum camp, which is one of the biggest and best camps in Wadi Rum. The accommodation are in modern tents that have real beds with clean sheets and pillows. Upon your arrival to the camp, you will get a welcoming juice by the very friendly and accommodating crew.
* It is possible to exchange the accommodation at the Bedouin camp for 3-stars hotel in Petra in an advance notice.
After getting comfortable in the camp, you will enjoy a very delicious authentic Bedouin dinner called Zarb. It is a traditional dish of meat or chicken with rice and vegetables that is cooked under the sun in a hole underground covered by sand, which we very recommend!
On the next day, after breakfast in the camp, you will have an extended private jeep safari tour in the magnificent landscapes of Wadi Rum nature reserve with lunch (included in the price).
Afterwards, before driving back to Aravah border crossing, you will have some free time in the market of Aqaba. Our representative in Eilat will wait for you around 16:30 to take you back to your accommodation, and you will also be given a personalized souvenir as a present.
Here our Petra Wadi Rum tours ends, until the next time…
Things to do in Wadi Rum:
You can book the following activities in an advance notice.
- One hour camel safari tour – $50 per person.
- One hour and half tour in a hot air balloon – $245 per person (minimum 3 participants).
07:30 Pick-up from your accommodation in Eilat (we pick-up from all the hotels in Eilat, from Eilat airport and from Eilat central bus station) and transfer to Aravah border crossing.
08:00 Crossing the border at Aravah (border control and customs) with the help of our professional crew.
* Please note that this process may take some time, so your patience is required and appreciated.
08:30 Meet your personal Jordanian guide, and drive to Aqaba for a short panoramic tour of the city.
09:00 Private transfer from the border to Petra in our brand new model air-conditioned car through a vast and comfortable highway (the “Desert Way”), following a scenic route on the mountain side, and arriving at Petra’s historical site, known as one of the seven wonders of the world.
11:30 Arrive to Petra – extended guided tour in the red-rose heritage city.
* Included in the price is a short horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
15:30 Lunch at a superior local authentic restaurant (included in the price).
16:30 Private transfer to Wadi Rum.
17:00 Arrive to your accommodation at a premium Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum.
19:00 Authentic dinner in the camp.
* Option to stay in a 3-stars hotel in Petra instead.
07:00 Morning in the desert.
07:30 Breakfast at the camp.
08:00 Private jeep safari tour in the nature reserve of Wadi Rum.
12:00 Lunch at the Bedouin camp.
13:00 Private transfer to Aqaba.
14:00 Free time in the market of Aqaba.
16:00 Drive back to Eilat, arrive to Aravah border, and crossing the border back to Israel.
16:30 Drop-off back at your accommodation in Eilat (or at Eilat airport).
* Free souvenir and Jordan brochure.
Note: The schedule is subjected to changes.
Israel Petra Tours offers daily tours to Petra and Wadi Rum – the Red-Rose City – one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Petra, the lost city of the Nabataeans, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. UNESCO has described Petra as “one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage”.
The city of Petra offers a lot of sites to explore for the traveler, like: The Siq (the path to Petra); Al Khazneh (The Treasury); Al Deir (The Monastery); The Theater; The Great Temple of Petra; Streets of Facades; The lonely cave; Aaron Tomb; Obelisk Tomb and the Triclinium; The Silk Tomb; The Uneishu Tomb; The Hadrian Gate and the Cardo Maximus; Ancient Roman columns; The Byzantine Church of Petra; Beautiful colorful sandstone rocks formations, and much more.
A tour to Petra and Wadi Rum offered by Israel Petra Tours is a great opportunity to visit this great wonder of the ancient world, a place that every traveler must visit at least once in his lifetime.
We use brand new model vehicles, best hotels and restaurants, and employ only the best professional tour guides.
Israel Petra Tours guarantees for the best prices for tours to Petra and Wadi Rum! You do not want to miss this great offer!
In case that you don’t have plenty of time, you can consider our Private one day tour to Petra that covers all the main highlights in Petra in one day.
Not far from Eilat there is another wonder of the ancient world – the Great Pyramids of Giza. We offer you the opportunity to book with us also a tour to Cairo and the Pyramids. Cairo day tours is a perfect addition to your Petra Wadi Rum excursion!
We very recommend that you stay at least one more day in Eilat, and enjoy the attractions in Eilat that we offer, like cruise in a yacht or in a glass-bottom boat in the Red Sea, pamper yourself in a relaxing massage, try an introductory scuba diving in the Corals Reef of Eilat, have ATV trips in Eilat Mountains, and more.
Lastly, don’t forget to visit at Eilat Diamonds Bourse – an unforgettable experience in a huge showroom of diamond, gold and silver jewelry.
The tour includes:
- Pick-up from your accommodation, and drop-off back at your accommodation.
- Meeting and assistance at the border crossing in both directions.
- Light breakfast with mineral water and juice.
- Private transfers.
- Private tour guides.
- Entrance fees to Petra for one day.
- Horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
- Buffet lunch at a superior local authentic restaurant in Petra on the first day.
- Entrance fees to Wadi Rum.
- Full-board accommodation at a premium Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum.
- Four hours jeep safari tour in the nature reserve of Wadi Rum.
- Free souvenir and Jordan brochure.
The tour doesn’t include:
- $65 for border fees paid in cash only.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- You can pay for the tour in USD, NIS and Euros.
- The price of the tour is for cash. For credit card, there is 5.5% commission.
- You need to bring a valid passport on the day of the tour.
- Please make sure that your passport is in good condition. If your passport is torn or damaged, then you may not be able to pass the border control, and you will not get a refund.
- Do not forget to bring comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, mineral water, light clothes in the summer and warm clothes in the winter.
- Lunch in Petra will be late, so it is recommended to eat a big breakfast or bring a breakfast box with you (given for free in most of the hotels).
- Guide in other languages is available for extra $50 per booking in an advance notice.
- Hotel single supplement: $50.
- You can cancel your tour 14 days in advance with no cancellation fees.
- For 7-14 days in advance, there is 10% cancellation fee.
- For 2-7 days in advance, there is 50% cancellation fee.
- We will charge you full price for cancellation less than 48 hours from departure time or no-show.