On our Tours to Petra and Wadi Rum, we will pick you up from your accommodation in Eilat (or from Eilat airport), and take you to Petra through Aravah border crossing. We will travel through a scenic route of the “Desert Way” to the UNESCO city of Petra. We will enter Petra through the narrow Siq (included in your package is an optional horseback riding – tipping the carrier is required). We will visit the Treasury, the Theater, the Facade, the Winged Lions Temple which is still under excavation, and more. In the evening we will take you to a premium Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum, where you will have an authentic Bedouin dinner, and you will stay the night in a tent at the camp. On the second day, after breakfast, we will take you to a jeep safari tour in the reservation of Wadi Rum. On the way back to Eilat, we will take a short panoramic tour of Aqaba, and you will have free time in the market of Aqaba.
Those who have difficulty walking can hire a donkey drawn buggy for a supplement payment to the local people.
It’s possible to exchange the accommodation in the Bedouin tent for a 3 stars hotel in Aqaba (b&b), in an advance notice, for no extra charge.
07:30 Pick up from your accommodation in Eilat (or from Eilat airport) and transport to Aravah crossing border.
08:00 Crossing the border at Aravah (border control and customs) with the help of our professional crew.
* Please note that this process may take some time, so your patience is required and appreciated.
09:00 Transport from the border to Petra in our newest model air-conditioned vehicles through a vast and comfortable highway (the “Desert Way”), following a scenic route on the mountain side, and arriving at Petra’s historical site, known as one of the seven wonders of the world.
11:30 Arrival to Petra – guided tour in the red-rose heritage city.
* Included in the price is a short horseback riding for the first 200 meters of the site.
15:30 Lunch at a local authentic restaurant (included in the price).
16:30 Transfer to Wadi Rum.
17:30 Accommodation in a tent in a premium Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum.
19:30 Authentic dinner in a Bedouin camp.
* Option to stay in a 3-stars hotel (b&b) in Aqaba instead.
07:30 Morning in the desert.
08:30 Breakfast at the Bedouin camp.
10:00 Jeep safari tour in the reservation of Wadi Rum.
12:00 Transport to Aqaba.
13:00 Arrival to Aqaba for a short panoramic tour of the city, and free time in the market of Aqaba.
14:30 Transport to Aravah border crossing
15:30 Arrival to Aravah border, and crossing the border back to Israel.
16:00 Drop off back at your accommodation in Eilat (or at Eilat airport).
* The schedule is subjected to changes.
Israel Petra Tours offers daily tours to Petra – the Red-Rose City – One of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Petra, the lost city of the Nabataeans, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. UNESCO has described Petra as “one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage”.
The city of Petra offers a lot of sites to explore for the traveler, like: The Siq (the path to Petra); Al Khazneh (The Tresuary); Al Deir (The Monastery); The Theater; The Great Temple of Petra; Streets of Facades; The lonely cave; Aharon’s Tomb; Obelisk Tomb and the Triclinium; The Silk Tomb; The Uneishu Tomb; The Hadrian Gate and the Cardo Maximus; Ancient Roman columns; The Byzantine Church of Petra; Beautiful colorful sandstone rocks formations, and much more.
A tour to Petra offered by Israel Petra Tours is a great opportunity to visit this great wonder of the ancient world, a place that every traveler must visit at least once in his lifetime.
Israel Petra Tours guarantees for the best price for tours to Petra! You don’t want to miss this great offer!
The tour includes:
- Pick-up from your accommodation, and drop-off back at your accommodation.
- Meeting and assistance at the border crossing in both directions.
- Tour guides.
- Entrance fees to Petra for one day.
- Horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
- Buffet lunch at a superior local authentic restaurant.
- Free souvenir and Jordan brochure.
The tour doesn’t include:
- $65 for border fees paid in cash only.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- You can pay for the tour in US dollars, Euros and Israeli shekels.
- The price of the tour is for cash. For credit card, there is 5.5% commission.
- You need to bring a valid passport on the day of the tour.
- Do not forget to bring comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, mineral water, light clothes in the summer and warm clothes in the winter.
- Lunch in Petra will be late, so it is recommended to eat a big breakfast or bring a breakfast box with you.
- Guide in other languages is available for extra $150 per booking in an advance notice.
- Hotel single supplement: $50.
- Booking supplement for one person: $150.
- You can cancel your tour 14 days in advance with no cancellation fees.
- For 7-14 days in advance, there is 10% cancellation fee.
- For 2-7 days in advance, there is 50% cancellation fee.
- We will charge you full price for cancellation less than 48 hours from departure time or no-show.