On our Tours to Petra, we will pick you up from your accommodation in Eilat (or from Eilat airport), and take you to a 3-stars hotel in Aqaba, where you can enjoy a free evening in the city.
On the next morning, after breakfast, we will drive to Petra. We will travel through a scenic route of the “Desert Way” to the UNESCO city of Petra.
We will enter Petra through the narrow Siq (included in your package is an optional horseback riding – tipping the carrier is required).
We will visit the Treasury, the Theater, the Facade, the Winged Lions Temple which is still under excavation, and more.
On the way back to Eilat, we will take a short panoramic tour of Aqaba (if time permits).
* Those who have difficulty walking can hire a donkey-drawn buggy for a supplement payment to the local people.
07:30 Pick up from your accommodation in Eilat (or from Eilat airport) and transport to Aravah crossing border.
08:00 Crossing the border at Aravah (border control and customs) with the help of our professional crew.
* Please note that this process may take some time, so your patience is required and appreciated.
09:00 Transport from the border to Petra in our newest model air-conditioned vehicles through a vast and comfortable highway (the “Desert Way”), following a scenic route on the mountain side, and arriving at Petra’s historical site, known as one of the seven wonders of the world.
11:30 Arrival to Petra – guided tour in the red-rose heritage city.
* Included in the price is a short horseback riding for the first 200 meters of the site.
16:30 Transfer to Little Petra.
17:00 Accommodation in a tent in a Bedouin camp in Little Petra.
19:30 Authentic dinner in a Bedouin camp.
07:30 Morning in the desert.
08:30 Breakfast at the Bedouin camp.
09:30 Free time to explore Little Petra.
11:30 Transport to Petra.
12:00 Free time to explore Petra.
16:30 Drive southwards back to Eilat through Wadi Rum.
18:30 Arrival to Aqaba for a short panoramic tour of the city (if time permits).
19:00 Arrival to Aravah border, and crossing the border back to Israel.
19:30 Drop off back at your accommodation in Eilat (or at Eilat airport).
* The schedule is subjected to changes.
Israel Petra Tours offers daily tours to Petra – the Red-Rose City – One of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Petra, the lost city of the Nabataeans, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. UNESCO has described Petra as “one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage”.
The city of Petra offers a lot of sites to explore for the traveler, like: The Siq (the path to Petra); Al Khazneh (The Tresuary); Al Deir (The Monastery); The Theater; The Great Temple of Petra; Streets of Facades; The lonely cave; Aharon’s Tomb; Obelisk Tomb and the Triclinium; The Silk Tomb; The Uneishu Tomb; The Hadrian Gate and the Cardo Maximus; Ancient Roman columns; The Byzantine Church of Petra; Beautiful colorful sandstone rocks formations, and much more.
A tour to Petra offered by Israel Petra Tours is a great opportunity to visit this great wonder of the ancient world, a place that every traveler must visit at least once in his lifetime.
Israel Petra Tours guarantees for the best price for tours to Petra! You don’t want to miss this great offer!
The tour includes:
- After booking the tour you will get an email with a copy of your order. Later, you will get a confirmation email confirming your tour. If you don’t get a confirmation email within 24 hours from the time of the order, then please contact us.
- Departure time from Eilat: 07:30.
- Price includes: Pick up from accommodation and drop off back to accommodation, assistance at border crossing (in both directions), transports, entrance fees to Petra for 2 days, tour guides, dinner (on the first day), accomodation at a Bedouin camp and breakfast.
- Price doesn’t include: $65 border taxes.
- Single supplement for hotel room: $50.
- Single supplement for booking: $75.
- On the day of the tour it is required that you will have a valid passport.
- You can cancel your tour 14 days in advance with no cancellation fees. For 2-14 days in advance there is 10% cancellation fee. We will charge you full price for cancellation less than 48 hours from departure or no-show.
Useful to Know:
- English-speaking guide – everyday.
- Russian-speaking guide – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- A guide in other languages is available in Petra for extra $150 per booking in an advance notice (please mention it in the ‘comments’ field of the order form).
- Border fees payable in cash only at the border (US dollar, GB pound, Euro or Israeli shekels).
- The price of the tour is for cash. If you decide to pay in credit card, then we will charge you in 5.5% commission.
- Bring good walking shoes and a hat. It’s also recommended to bring warm clothes in the winter.
- It’s recommended to purchase travel insurance from your insurance company.