On our Tours to Petra, we will pick you up from your accommodation in Eilat (or from Eilat airport), and take you to Aqaba through Aravah border crossing. We will have lunch in a restaurant in Aqaba, and have a guided tour in Aqaba with free time to explore the city and the local market.
In the evening we will travel through a scenic route of the “Desert Way” to the UNESCO city of Petra, and have dinner at the hotel.
We recommend you to enjoy Petra by Night.
On the second day, after breakfast at the hotel, we will start out extended full day tour in Petra. We will enter Petra through the narrow Siq (included in your package is an optional horseback riding – tipping the carrier is required). We will visit the Treasury, the Theater, the Street of Facades, the Winged Lions Temple which is still under excavation, and more. We will have lunch at a local restaurant in the archaeological site of Petra, and continue our tour to the Monastery. After the guided tour in Petra, we will have free time to explore the site, and go back to the hotel for dinner.
On the third day, after breakfast at the hotel, we will drive to Wadi Rum to have a 4 hours jeep safari tour in the beautiful desert landscape of Wadi Rum with BBQ lunch in the middle of the desert, and in the evening we will drive south back to Eilat.
* Those who have difficulty walking can hire a donkey drawn buggy for a supplement payment to the local people.
08:00 Pick-up from your accommodation in Eilat (or from Eilat airport) and transport to Aravah crossing border.
08:30 Crossing the border at Aravah (border control and customs) with the help of our professional crew.
* Please note that this process may take some time, so your patience is required and appreciated.
09:00 Transport from the border to Petra in our newest model air-conditioned vehicles through a vast and comfortable highway (the “Desert Way”), following a scenic route on the mountain side, and arriving at Petra’s historical site, known as one of the seven wonders of the world.
11:30 Arrival to Petra – extended guided tour in the red-rose heritage city.
* Included in the price is a short horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
14:00 Lunch at a local authentic restaurant in the archaeological site of Petra (included in the Price).
14:30 Continue the guided tour in Petra, walking through Wadi Farash to the High Place of Sacrifice.
16:30 Walk back to the hotel.
19:00 Dinner at the hotel.
* It is recommended to enjoy Petra by Night.
07:30 Breakfast at the hotel.
08:00 Guided tour exploring the old city center and walk to the Monastery.
15:00 Picnic lunch at the Monastery.
15:30 Walk to Little Petra through the beautiful panoramic way to Little Petra, overseeing most of Wadi Aravah from high above.
19:00 Dinner at the hotel.
07:30 Breakfast at the hotel.
08:00 Drive to Little Petra, and hike all the way from Little Petra to Wadi Aravah, passing various canyons and natural elements, including a picnic lunch.
* We will have a mule carrying our water and picnic lunch.
19:00 Dinner and overnight free camping in Wadi Aravah, near the old Nabataean caravan station in
07:30 Breakfast at the camp.
08:00 Drive by 4×4 vehicles, exploring the Aravah, to the bottom of Wadi Guwaer.
10:30 Hike in Wadi Guwaer along the water stream to the narrow gorge, with a picnic lunch.
16:00 Drive southwards back to Eilat.
18:30 Arrival to Aravah border, and crossing the border back to Israel.
19:00 Drop-off back at your accommodation in Eilat (or at Eilat airport).
* The schedule is subjected to changes.
Israel Petra Tours offers daily tours to Petra – the Red-Rose City – One of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Petra, the lost city of the Nabataeans, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. UNESCO has described Petra as “one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage”.
The city of Petra offers a lot of sites to explore for the traveler, like: The Siq (the path to Petra); Al Khazneh (The Tresuary); Al Deir (The Monastery); The Theater; The Great Temple of Petra; Streets of Facades; The lonely cave; Aharon’s Tomb; Obelisk Tomb and the Triclinium; The Silk Tomb; The Uneishu Tomb; The Hadrian Gate and the Cardo Maximus; Ancient Roman columns; The Byzantine Church of Petra; Beautiful colorful sandstone rocks formations, and much more.
A tour to Petra offered by Israel Petra Tours is a great opportunity to visit this great wonder of the ancient world, a place that every traveler must visit at least once in his lifetime.
Israel Petra Tours guarantees for the best price for tours to Petra! You don’t want to miss this great offer!
The tour includes:
- Pick-up from your accommodation, and drop-off back at your accommodation.
- Meeting and assistance at the border crossing in both directions.
- Tour guides.
- Entrance fees to Petra for two days.
- Horseback riding for the first 600 meters of the site.
- Buffet lunch at a local authentic restaurant on the first day.
- Half-board accommodation at a 3-stars hotel for two nights.
- Free souvenir and Jordan brochure.
The tour doesn’t include:
- $65 for border fees paid in cash only.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- You can pay for the tour in US dollars, Euros and Israeli shekels.
- The price of the tour is for cash. For credit card, there is 5.5% commission.
- You need to bring a valid passport on the day of the tour.
- Do not forget to bring comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, mineral water, light clothes in the summer and warm clothes in the winter.
- Lunch in Petra will be late, so it is recommended to eat a big breakfast or bring a breakfast box with you.
- Guide in other languages is available for extra $150 per booking in an advance notice.
- Hotel single supplement: $50.
- You can cancel your tour 14 days in advance with no cancellation fees.
- For 7-14 days in advance, there is 10% cancellation fee.
- For 2-7 days in advance, there is 50% cancellation fee.
- We will charge you full price for cancellation less than 48 hours from departure time or no-show.